Affordability is at the top of every homebuyer’s mind. Depending on your income and savings, there are different reasons why you may need a boost from Loftium to afford a home. Let’s take a look at the top three scenarios why using Loftium can make a substantial impact on your affordability.
1) Your income and small savings are keeping you from getting pre-approved for a loan, period.
You want to get your foot in the door of homeownership but with little in savings, combined with a household income of less than $80K, it’s difficult to get pre-approved at a home price where you can actually buy something with in Seattle. Given 5% down is required up-front for a conventional loan, you need Loftium’s down payment to buy.
Here’s a very common Seattle homebuyer profile:
- Total household income: $75,000
- Down payment savings: $5,000
- Max home price without Loftium: $100,000
- Max Home Price with $50K boost from Loftium: $497,306
Loftium is the key to homeownership for you. If you’re in this scenario, you’ll likely need to budget a little more tightly for the monthly mortgage payments, but if that means the difference between owning a home or not, cutting back on some expenditures could be worth it. Plus, the Airbnb income you’ll receive each month with Loftium can help add room to your budget.
2) You’ve got high income but low down payment savings.
You can easily afford the monthly mortgage payments but your down payment savings are too low to qualify you for a home price at which you’d like to buy. Want another bedroom? A better neighborhood? Enter Loftium.
Check out the before and after:
- Total household income: $100,000
- Down payment savings: $20,000
- Max home price without Loftium: $400,000
- Max Home Price with $50K boost from Loftium: $659,742
Loftium’s down payment boost combined with your income means you can get pre-approved for a much higher home price. Don’t let your down payment savings keep you from buying when you can totally afford the monthly payments. Prices in Seattle are outpacing income growth – it may be the perfect time for you to buy with Loftium’s help.
3) You’re crashing up against the conventional loan limit.
You don’t want to or cannot qualify for a jumbo loan or secondary mortgage, but in Seattle, you can only borrow $667,000 on a conventional mortgage before you have to look for other options. Jumbo loans generally require months of backup cash in the bank, and a 10% down payment. Secondary mortgages come with fluctuating, high interest rates. Either way – it can be very costly & you may not qualify for either one. Use Loftium to keep your loan size under $667,000.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Total household income: $150,000
- Down payment savings: $60,000
- Max home price without Loftium: $727,000
- Max home price with $50K boost from Loftium: $777,000
Adding Loftium’s down payment can keep you in the conventional loan limit range so you can use one, clean conforming loan with a lower interest rate – saving you thousands over time.
You can afford to buy with Loftium.
From buying a home you love to owning one at all, our down payments can make a big difference in your personal affordability. See how much home you can afford with Loftium’s down payment.
In each case we assume 5% down payments and 43% debt to income ratio, the highest you can have and still get approved for a mortgage.