Loftium is here to help you create a custom plan of action. We’ll start with the checklist below and customize it based on your budget, timeline and home preferences. If you’re buying a primary residence in Seattle and would like to meet with us, let us know!
Become eligible for a Loftium down payment
1 – 2 Weeks
- Fill out your hosting preferences
- Background check
- Get preapproved (more below)
Find the right real estate agent
1 – 2 Weeks
- Do you need cash back to cover closing costs?
- Do you want a hands-on agent (send you homes, give you advice on tours, etc)?
- Have each potential agent show you a home and make sure you feel comfortable with their advice
- Decide on an agent to represent you
Get pre-approved for a mortgage
1 – 3 Weeks
- Get all documents ready (See doc checklist)
- Click “Get pre-approved” on Loftium’s site or we’ll intro you to a loan officer
- Meet with your loan officer to learn about your personal pre-approval
- Submit application + all documents
- Get your pre-approval letter and send to Loftium
Find your home
6 – 12 Weeks
- What’s the max home price you can afford?
- What are your target neighborhoods based on budget and preferences?
- Go to a few open houses and walk around the neighborhood
- Get Loftium quotes on homes you love
- Submit home offer(s)
Close and move in
- Get the keys and get settled in!
Total Average time to buy in Seattle:
3 – 4 months
Want to sit down and have a one-on-one meeting with the Loftium team to help create your own plan of action for buying a Seattle home? Schedule a time with us, we’d love to meet.